Sunday, December 6, 2009

Winter Treat


There is nothing better than homemade snow ice cream on a winter afternoon! I sent Rick out to fetch some freshly fallen snow for our treat. It reminded me of trips to Tahoe when I was younger... After a long day of sledding and playing in the snow with my cousins outside our grandparents cabin, my grandma would instruct some of us to find some clean snow, and to especially beware of yellow spots. After we completed our mission and passed her inspection, Grandma would make a big batch of delicious ice cream.

I don't have her exact recipe, but the one I made today tasted pretty similar:

1 big bowl of snow
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

I love winter and the beautiful, yummy snow!


1 comment:

Brittany said...

So fun! I was just thinking about that the other day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails