Last week we headed out to Lyons for some outdoor adventure. Rick has a trail there that he likes to bike on and he mentioned that I could just "walk or run up the fire road and meet him at the top." It sounded like a great idea to both of us.
Well this fire road ended up being very steep and very rocky and very slippery and therefore very tiresome and borderline dangerous with little Adelaide in the Bob stroller. Don't get me wrong, the view from the top was beautiful, (which was a good thing because it helped me snap out of the horrible mood I was in), but it wasn't enough to make me every want to do this particular trail ever again.
To make things worse, Rick realized that I had walked up this entire 1 1/2 mile mountainside with the stroller brake on! Rick had put the brake on when we got out of the car and I didn't realize... dumb me.
I don't think we will be repeating this outing again, but it is a memory:)
Relaxing at the top.
Rick and Adelaide.





2 comments:
Beautiful!!! And miserable. Haha. I love you guys. I would have left the stroller brake on, too, and then complained to Steve that the stroller was broken.
Oh man. That would have already been enough work, but with the break on?! : ) I wanted to say hi to you when you came to our ward and meet Adelaide, too. I don't know what happened. She is so cute and our little ones are pretty much the same age. I don't even know where you guys are living now, but I hope you come visit again soon!
Post a Comment