The Four Mile Canyon Fire just west of Boulder thankfully is supposed to be fully contained by tonight. That doesn't change the fact that many have lost their homes which just breaks my heart. Saturday night I had an opportunity to volunteer at the donation center for the fire where I helped many others sort through piles and piles of donations. I was able to see first hand and was so touched by the generosity of the people of Boulder. For the five hours I was there so many cars and trucks dropped off bags and bags of clothing and household items. Many of the donated items were brand new. It makes me feel proud to be a part of such a beautiful community like Boulder where people care about their neighbors in need. I know there is a long struggle ahead for the victims of this fire, but I hope that they can feel the love and support of those around them and that this will help them feel some peace.

1 comment:
It is wonderful to find that there are good people everywhere.
In our neck of the woods people are going to blood banks to give the gift of blood to all the burn victims from the fire/explosion in San Bruno last week.
They are turning hundreds of people away because there is more than enough donated blood already.
Homes are also being donated and it is great to see such generosity.
Good for you for giving your time.
Post a Comment