Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's a Great Day to be Alive




Rick and I created this blog a long time ago, but we never got around to using it until today.  Rick has been gone all day at some type of scouting event, and now he is fixing his car so I have had a lot of free time today to  finish my to-do list.  I made two delicious cheesecakes for Rick's birthday tomorrow, took some pictures of my belly to send to my family because my Dad has really been bugging me about that, ran a couple shopping errands and took an online test for one my classes... And now here I am trying to start our blog.

  I am quite intimidated by blogs because I am not very good with computers and I am surrounded by very talented people like my sister in law Jamie.  Maybe she can give me a few pointers.  She pretty much inspired me to start this because her family blog is so cute and I love to look at all the pictures of Gracie, and since I am growing a little baby girl too I thought I should follow her lead!  

My original plan was to post pictures of my belly from each week but we took pictures on a disposable camera and the pictures came out very underexposed.  We think it is because on our trip to colorado I let the camera go through the x-ray machine... Anyways, we have a new digital camera now so we will try to take pictures from here on out.  I took some today- this is me and my belly at 23 weeks.  I feel so big when I look in the mirror, but when I look at the pictures I don't really think I look that big yet.  So far pregnancy has been a breeze- I feel blessed that I am one of the lucky ones who didn't get morning sickness.  I was just tired a lot.  Now I am just really hungry, my back aches on occasion and I am quite emotional at times... Poor Rick and Jessica have to deal with me the most- but they are also pretty good at helping me to snap out of it sooner than later.  

Today while I was doing the dishes I was listening to the Travis Tritt song "Its a great day to be alive," and I couldn't help thinking that it really is.  I love sunny days.




1 comment:

Jamie said...

Emily you and your belly are SO cute! I love your blog!!! :) And you're right, life is good. It's nice to stop and remember that. <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails