Saturday, February 27, 2010

I ♥ beets



I really love beets. I have always liked them and especially loved them during my pregnancy with Adelaide... I guess you could say I craved them. On one occasion I bought a large bunch of beets from a local farmers market and proceeded to make a salad using the beets, beet greens and goat cheese... then later I finished them off by making a large beet smoothie. I made one for Jessica too, which she found repulsive (even though she too is a beet lover), so I ended up drinking both of them. Delicious! The next day I was very worried when I noticed that my urine had a pinkish reddish tint (this is NOT a good sign while pregnant)... but before I freaked out too much, I recalled my beet obsession from the day before and put two and two together.

I feel like not that many people like beets... Often when I mention that I like this particular delicious candy-tasting vegetable people respond to me with disgusted looks. I'm guessing they haven't tried beets in all its wondrous forms. Here are a couple ways I have either tried or plan to try beets in the near future (I just bought another large batch of beets):






4 comments:

Brittany said...

Thank you! You just reminded me how much I love beets! haha. I think I might go buy a bunch too and try some of these out...definitely never tried a beet smoothie. Did you put anything else in it??

I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Portugal said...

Haha the beet smoothie was SO gross!! But you have gotten me all in the mood to go eat some beets now too! Yummy and wondrous!

Emily said...

Britt, I can't remember what I put in the smoothie besides beets, maybe berries, juice and yogurt? It seemed good at the time but I haven't had a desire to make it again since. If you do it, let me know how it goes! And Jess, I apologize again for making you try it!

Steve-O said...

Let's hear it for Emily Schrute everybody!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails