Monday, December 6, 2010

Baked Pears

I have never baked a pear before in my life, but let me tell you that these stuffed pears are so delicious! I originally saw this idea in one of my vegetarian cookbooks but then I found a recipe I like even more on the blog Live Laugh Eat. I only changed her recipe slightly:

DSC_0201

DSC_0183

Ingredients:
3 pears
4 oz goat cheese
5 dried figs
1 T honey
1/4 C chopped pecans
dash of cinnamon
sparkling cider

Directions:
preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

DSC_0206
Mix the goat cheese, figs, pecans, honey and cinnamon in a bowl.

DSC_0216
Cut the pears lengthwise and cut out the cores.

DSC_0218
Spoon the filling into the pears and place in a baking dish. Pour apple cider into the pan so it creates a shallow bath. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.

DSC_0238
Enjoy!

I served it on its own platter alongside a spinach salad with poppyseed dressing and it was a big hit... Even Rick liked it and he normally hates goat cheese.

1 comment:

I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Portugal said...

You are such a good food photographer! And this really does look soo good. We'll definitely have to make these when we're home!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails