Two nights ago I woke up at 4:00 in the morning from a dream about my grandpa. I was in a large room with tons of people and I heard my grandpa laughing and looked over to see my dad and some other people talking with him. By the time I made it over to them my grandpa had left and then I woke up. So now I can't stop thinking about my grandpa and how much I miss him... He is one of my greatest role models and I was always impressed with how kind, wise, charitable, loving and adventurous he was. Sometimes before I make a decision I think to myself "What would Grandpa do?" and I find that always helps me take the better path. I especially think of him and my grandma around the holidays because I have so many fond memories with them during this season. The day after Christmas we would go up to the Santa Cruz mountains and chop down our Christmas trees and then head back to their house to put up their massive tree and eat Thanksgiving leftovers. On the drive down the mountain the grandkids would sit in the back of his truck alongside the tree and sing Christmas carols. We would go up to their cabin in Tahoe most winters and go sledding, eat Grandma's snow ice cream, and play games. I miss those days and I miss my Grandparents but just thinking about all this brings a smile to my face.

Me Grandpa & baby Jessica
1 comment:
Emmy I love this post. I miss them so much too! And that dream reminded me of something I remember so well-- waking up and falling asleep to the pleasant lulls of conversation in the cabin :) We are so lucky to have such great memories with such special people.
Post a Comment