Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Longest Month Ever

I finally had my baby! I say finally because honestly since October 1st I have felt that every day was the day that I would go into labor. I started having false labor at an Oktoberfest party on the 1st of the month and it got me all excited that I would be having the baby soon. With Adelaide I never really had any false labor; my water broke when I was four days passed my due date and I had her 17 hours later. So this time whenever I had any contractions I really got my hopes up.

I had been given three different due dates throughout my pregnancy, Oct. 5th, October 9th, and October 13th. As each passed I got really discouraged and just wanted to meet this baby! Around the time of my last due date I was 4cm dialated so I thought that was promising ( my mom thought so too and flew out to Flagstaff to be with me for the birth). A week later I was 6cm dilated and finally 13 days after my due date I was 7cm dilated. I was so close to going into labor but for some reason it just wasn't happening. I have seriously never been so discouraged in my life and felt like the baby was never going to come out; it seems silly now but each night I would pray that I would go into labor and each night it failed to happen I would wake up and sob. During all this time I was doing everything I possibly could to go into labor including but not limited to walking a lot, taking castor oil (SO gross), driving to a lower elevation and back, eating spicy foods, taking black and blue cohosh, and I had my midwife sweep my membranes four separate times. Because I was getting so close to 42 weeks we went to the hospital to have a Bio Physical Profile done. Everything looked great (and they actually gave me a new, fourth due date- October 21st) but the doctors still wanted us to be induced and gave us until Thursday the 27th. So Wednesday the 26th we really gave it our all to have the baby and did all the natural induction techniques in a row and prayed a lot and I was so lucky because it actually worked... Next post I will write about the actual birth :)

2011-10-24 11.25.06
At the Bio Physical Profile Appointment.

IMG00013-20111024-1101
It was so embarrassing having to sit in a wheelchair while being transferred to radiology... Plus I was trying to get this baby out and needed to be walking as much as possible! :)

2011-10-22 09.46.55
Sickest. Stuff. Ever.

2011-10-20 11.58.29
OVERDUE.

2011-10-20 11.57.27
At least my huge belly served me well as a table.

2 comments:

Erin said...

You look so cute in all of the pictures! Can't believe you went so over your due date! I've never tried castor oil-I've heard it's gross so I'm afraid I'd throw up if I tried it. Haha Can't wait to hear the birth story!!!! Oh and once again....congratulations on your sweet baby boy!!

Jamie said...

I seriously almost started crying reading this because WHY AM I NOT THERE with you??? I wish I was! Glad your sweet boy decided to show up & I'm excited to hear about his birth!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails