We have joined an amazing CSA program in Pleasanton and I get giddy every Wednesday when I drive to a nearby farm to pick up all the beautiful produce. I love feeling like I'm doing my small part to support local farmers & farming practices and feeding my family freshly picked produce. We are really happy with everything so far and have enjoyed incorporating plants into our meals that I wouldn't normally buy. Yesterday Rick picked up the produce and I got a kick out of the conversation we had about it later. He told me "We got to choose between rainbow swiss chard and kale, and originally I picked up the swiss chard... but then a lady said most people prefer kale. I know you like kale since you cook with it a lot so I swapped for the kale, but the rainbow chard looked delicious!"
The fact that Rick described rainbow swiss chard as looking "delicious" makes me want to roll around on the floor laughing. He has come a long way from when we first were married and he referred to anything green as "rabbit food". He makes me smile. I hope next week they offer rainbow swiss chard again so I can cook those delicious greens for the hubs.

1 comment:
Oh how i wish we had CSA's in australia! They seem like such a great idea!
Post a Comment