Friday, January 8, 2010

A Very Special Lady

Today my beautiful grandmother reunited with the love of her life in heaven. We all miss her and my grandpa very much. There is no one like my Grandma and I have so many wonderful memories with her and here are just a few...

Trips to the cabin in Tahoe, snow ice cream, sour gummi worms and red licorice, the good-bye rock, honking on the way down the hill, the original waffle nights, amazing garden, constant annoyance with the dear trying to destroy her garden, delicious oatmeal cookies, Sunday dinners, holiday dinners, browsing through the yearly photo albums, cutting down the Christmas tree in the Santa Cruz mountains the day after Thanksgiving, corn casserole, many games of rummikub, always calling from the top of Half Dome to let her know we made it safely, Alaskan Cruise, extra chocolate cake each night, funky but beautiful jewelry, warm-bloodedness,"It will be so great when you teach your children Humpty-Dumpty," graham cracker sandwiches, but most of all always feeling very loved.

About a week ago Rick, Adelaide and I had an opportunity to visit Grandma in Utah and it was so fun to hang out with her. When we arrived she was in the salon getting her hair permed... very cute:) Then we went and had lunch and sat with her friends. I could tell she enjoyed showing off Adelaide. On our way out from lunch, Grandma's friend B explained to Rick that she is legally blind and that Grandma was always taking care of her and was such a good friend. That's Grandma... always helping other people and bringing happiness to their day. After lunch we went back to her room and chatted for a while... we reminisced about the fun time we had together on the cruise a couple years back, she talked about the gold dipped rose that Shannon gave to her, showed us all the family pictures she had up, and enjoyed giggling and playing with Adelaide.

We miss you Grandma and love you so much!



Rick Grandma and Emily at Grandma's birthday dinner.


Me and Grandma after my wedding.


All of us last Christmas in our PJ's and ribbons.


Playing Rummikub and Nerts. Grandma was NOT a fan of Nerts, and wished the whole gang would just play Rummikub instead.

At Kev and Rachel's wedding Rick was Grandma's chauffeur.


Me, Grandma, Jess and Court in Carlsbad.


During most of the cruise to Alaska, I wheeled Grandma around. This day she insisted on pushing me.




1 comment:

Brittany said...

I love this post. My dad and I were just talking about how great it is that we all knew we were/are loved by grandma and grandpa. I don't think any of us ever had a doubt. It's fun to think of all those memories! I miss those days..

That is so great you guys got to see Grandma just a little bit ago! I bet she absolutely LOVED playing with Adelaide!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails