Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Almost 18 Months

Lately I am amazed by Adelaide's inquisitiveness. She is suddenly extremely curious and constantly trying to learn new things. She absolutely loves to read and if she could have it her way she would sit in my lap all day except for brief breaks to go pick out more books. She especially likes books that have lots of animals or objects that she can identify or point to so she can learn their title. She also really likes her lift-the-flap "Where is Mommy Book" probably because it has my picture to kiss at the end. :) She likes to color now and do little art projects and is trying to say new words. The words we can understand so far include Mama, Dada, Grandpa, teeth (she loves teeth, kinda funny), eye, baby (loves her dolls), bye bye, uh-oh, over there, what's that, please and no (my least favorite- I am trying to squish it out of her vocabulary by saying YES in a very exciting way all the time, it is not working). She is babbling constantly so I'm sure she thinks she is saying many more coherent words and probably wonders why we are ignoring all her brilliant thoughts and ideas. She also really loves to nod her head vigorously for yes or no answers. We just love her and watching her grow.

2011-02-07 19.20.44
Yesterday I let her decorate our front door with paper hearts and that made her happy.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Teeth ("tiss") was one of Gracie's first words, too! Maybe they will grow up and be dentists together. She is so wonderful! I miss this spunky sassy baby girl! Give her a kiss for me, please please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails