Rick and I often read each other articles we find interesting, and earlier this week Rick started reading this article about making the most of the morning aloud. I wasn't really too excited about the subject at first but as he continued I felt like this author knew me and offered the exact advice my life is so in need of right now. I made Rick start over so I could take notes, and then I kept interrupting him to say "who is this author? I think they know me!" Obviously they don't, it is just full of universally good advice for everyone.
We are slowly but surely reworking our mornings to be productive and meaningful. Every week we are going to include a new goal to work on and try to do it religiously for 21 days. We will stop making goals when we feel like our routine is where we want it. Ideally, our morning before Rick leaves would look something like this:
wake up early after a good night's sleep
read scriptures or something else uplifting
pray
workout
eat a healthy breakfast together
blog, read news articles or catch up on emails
{I have been slacking lately on blogging and since this is essentially the only journalish thing I've got going for me I want to be better}
We are on day five in our first week of morning bootcamp. We have read our scriptures together every day. Next week I think we are going to get our work outs in...
2 comments:
I love this! I read the article and made a list of things I want to change about our day. I am NOT a morning person by nature, but I guess I could be one by choice. :) Thanks for sharing this!
I'm not either... but I really want to be!
Here is another article today I came across on Pinterest with more great suggestions:
http://thestressedmom.com/2012/03/10-habits-for-a-well-run-home/
Post a Comment