Now I am 27, Happy Birthday to me! Today was a great day... I woke up to my sweet little family singing me happy birthday in bed, during Adelaide's preschool Maverick and I did some damage at Anthropologie, after preschool the kids and I met up with Rick downtown and we went for a walk and had a picnic, after work Rick brought home some ice cream sandwiches for dessert and the night is still young!
![]() |
| Adelaide learned how to take pictures on my new phone today |
| Ice Cream Sandwiches are the best! |
| Can this sexy man fit 27 candles on this mini dessert? |
| Success! |
| Nothing better than having little helpers to blow out your candles. |
This past year has been pretty awesome. Here are some things I have {re}learned while 26:
Listening is almost always better than talking
Tea parties are lovely
Organizing saves time in the long run
Eating on patios with twinkle lights is the best
Fear of judgment is powerful yet pointless
Judging others is a waste of time
Having phone reception is important
Doubt can be a gift
Faith is a choice
Natural deodorant doesn't work
Forgiveness is powerful
I can make it a whole year without seeing my sister
Good friends love you unconditionally
I want to go back to school
It is near impossible to control children; teaching, encouragement and positive reinforcement is the way to go with my kids.
Community is important
I am privileged in many ways and want to give back to the world
I'd rather be filled with wonder than anger
Homemade ice cream is so much better than store bought (even Ben & Jerry's!)
Coconut oil is like magic... so many uses
I can do hard things
I'm married to a seriously wonderful person
My children are capable of learning and teaching amazing things
Here's to another great year of life.
Here's to another great year of life.

No comments:
Post a Comment