Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Zoorific Day

People close to me know that I'm not a fan of zoos for a variety of reasons, but I sucked it up and took my kids this week with our friend Emily and her three cute kids.  It actually turned out to be really fun (for us at least... I'm not so sure the captive animals living in small spaces while squishy faces observed them all day would agree).

Maverick really liked the tortoises and bears.  Maverick would take a while to visually locate the animals but you could always tell once he did because he would start pointing or waving at the animal... it was precious.  Maverick was pretty hurt when he was barred due to his height from riding all the rides outside the park besides the carousel and train- he wants to do everything his big sister does.

When I asked Adelaide what animals she liked the best she said "the birds, the snakes and the monkeys... all of them!"  Adelaide also loved playing in the little animal statue fixtures throughout the zoo and the train and rides right outside. She did NOT like visiting the goat barn! She put on her diva face the whole time we were hanging out with them and kept yelling "Let's go... these stink.  It smells so bad, it hurts my nose!" Of course there was a little bit of stomping her feet to go with it.  

Emily is a great photographer and she sent me some cute pictures from the day:









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails