Monday, April 26, 2010

Another Birthday Weekend

When I was 11 I started babysitting for a family in my neighborhood that I knew from church. At the time they had two little boys, and when their third child (a girl!) was born I got to watch her as well. I babysat at least once a week until I left for college and became very close with the family. When I went away to school they moved to Colorado, so now that I am here it has been so great to reconnect. Now there are two new little boys and another baby on the way. One of the boys is named Cooper and his first birthday party was over the weekend.

Happy 1st Birthday Cooper!
You can imagine with 5 kids there are plenty of awesome toys around, but water bottles are still their favorites.
April 24, 2010 024

She has never been to McDonald's, so she loved this!
April 24, 2010 020

We borrowed this Excersaucer and it makes both mommy and baby quite happy.
April 24, 2010 028

Oh, and I got my hair cut. It is a little shorter than expected but the great thing about hair is that it grows. And the great thing about prenatal vitamins is that they help hair grow faster. I found some leftover from last pregnancy and I am back to taking them religiously:)
April 24, 2010 019

7 comments:

Jamie said...

I think your hair is super cute! You are rocking that bow!

Brittany said...

I'm trying to figure out who this family is. Who are they?

the hills said...

i'm with brittany, i know who you're talking about but i can't think of the last name or picture the parents. my mom has that exact exersaucer at her house & ellery is obsessed with the honking/giggling car. it's now pulled off the saucer & she carries it around gramvi's & cackles with it. haha.

Tara and Bryce Raleigh said...

I love your hair!!! soooo cute!!! I did the same thing after i had elle, dyed my hair darker and cut it short! must be a new mommy thing:):)

Emily said...

Britt and Kathryn, their last name was Ashworth. And I think Adelaide is following in Ellery's footsteps and also slowly becoming obsessed, although she hasn't cackled with it yet:)

CCBunny said...

Em! I bet you didn't know but I follow your blog too while I'm hungover or just horribly bored at work (usually coincides.....) So rather than being super creepy like normal, I figured I'd comment on one or two posts every now and then, starting with this one!

I thought you might be talking about that couple who I met once or twice. Remember when we were going to go to the Bellerman mixer one night and we babysat at their house prior? I think they came back a little tipsy and I was trying to be all stealthy because I was wearing a totally tarty top that I changed into before we left to go to the mixer......Just one of those memories that stuck! :)

Also, I LOVE your short brown hair, it's so cute. Totally complements your eyes and you definitely have the face shape for it. I definitely approve, so good job. ;)

Keep updating us with Adelaide goodness, she is getting so big and beautiful! (Big in the cute baby development way, not as in The Biggest Loser type of way, btw...) Keep me posted, loooooooooove you! xoxoxo CAM :)

Brittany said...

Ahhh that's right! I used to babysit them every once in awhile too (prob. while you were busy! haha)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails