Rick and I have a Scrabble playing history that goes way back. I remember playing it in awe with him and our friends on beach camping trips.... I could not believe how long we had to wait between each turn so the player could think of every possible play and debate between which word would get the most points and simultaneously make it harder for the next person to get anything good. If I could have had it my way we would have just played the game quickly, had some laughs and moved onto something else like s'mores. That was wishful thinking so I figured 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!' I have become a scrabble nerd like the rest of them, taking my time to ponder my plays, and going for points instead of just clever or long words. And it has payed off! Before Jessica left we played a few games and I finally won one! I had to take a picture of this momentous achievement.
Rick could hardly stand it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment