Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Summer Salad

While I was in North Carolina I browsed through many Cooking Light magazines and I was so excited to try out their Grilled Chicken and Spinach with Spicy Pineapple Salad recipe. I made it last night and it was delicious!

In case you want to try it out here is the ingredients list:

1 lb. skinless boneless chicken breast
1 t chili powder
1/2 t salt
cooking spray
1 1/4 C (1 inch) cubed fresh pineapple
2 T chopped fresh cilantro
2 T fresh OJ
4 t apple cider vinegar
1/2 t minced habanero pepper
1 large garlic clove
1/4 cup EVOO
3/4 C julienne cut peeled jicama
2/3 C thinly sliced red bell pepper
1/2 C thinly sliced red onion
1 5oz package fresh baby spinach (~8 cups)

NC Trip 158

You can find the directions here:

Both Rick and I really liked this recipe... it is very summery with just enough heat. Enjoy!


NC Trip 162

3 comments:

Nassari Everett said...

Sounds delicious! I will have to try that this week!

Tara and Bryce Raleigh said...

Emily! I am so impressed with your cooking skills! I need you to teach me! I am going to try this one tho! and you are the cutest mom ever!!! Love Love your little family and sweet adelaide! Hope we get to meet her some day! Tell Rick hi and love you guys!!!

Josh and Tara Wilkey said...

YAY! I'M SO EXCITED YOU HAVE A BLOG! YOUR SO HEALTHY...I CAN LEARN A LOT FROM YOU! LOVE YOU COUSIN!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails