Sunday, August 19, 2012

Gratitude Log- Day 19

Five things I'm grateful for today:

Figs
I have always wanted to try them and yesterday they were at Whole Foods. They weren't quite as good as I imagined but I am glad I can finally say I've had one.  I have a feeling they weren't as ripe as they could have been and have heard they are best directly off the tree.

Phones
Sometimes you don't appreciate things until they're gone.  I cannot find my phone anywhere, I think I may have left it at church but honestly I'm not sure.  Where are my brains lately?

Progress
I'm no historian but I've been thinking lately about how glad I am to live in a time where I'm not viewed as property, I can vote, and we have an African American president among other things.  I'm grateful for the progress we have made as a society and am so looking forward to future progress as well.  I'm not one to be satisfied with the status quo generally speaking and am drawn to the quote, "Without discontent there can be no progress." There are some things in life that leave me 'discontent' but in a motivating way that leaves me hungry for improvements.

The Liahona Foundation
When I first learned about this non-profit I couldn't sleep the entire night and kept waking up Rick to tell him more about it.  Basically, they help feed malnourished LDS children in parts of the world where they have fallen through the cracks of both the government and church programs.  It makes me ill to think about the children that suffer in this way and I'm excited to start volunteering with them.  I will be coordinating with a Stake in Guatemala for now but I hope to get more involved as time goes on. 

Symphony Chocolate Bars
I found one in my freezer tonight and it's gone now.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails