Five things I'm grateful for today:
Singing to my Children
It's no secret that I don't have a good singing voice. I loved to sing as a child but was told daily by my brothers that I really shouldn't sing (typical of older brothers don't you think?). But it wasn't just them; after a musical try-out in middle school a friend who was present asked me if I was tone-deaf, and he wasn't kidding. Up until now I've never had anyone ask me to sing for them so I love it when Adelaide asks me to sing to her before bed. I realize that it is likely just a ploy to stay up a little later but I don't care. We have a great time singing lullabies, church songs and disney melodies together.
My Freezer
I have been freezing and storing seasonal fruit in giant ziploc bags. Adelaide loves to snack on frozen treats and I love to eat them with yogurt or use them in smoothies. We have lots of delicious blackberries piling up in our freezer right now because we can't eat all that we pick each night fast enough.
Locks
Today I discovered a new trick; I locked all the doors to the bedrooms and bathrooms so my kids could only play in the living room. Adelaide is like a quick and destructive tornado sometimes and this definitely limited her toy explosions. I know it will only last until she figures out how to unlock the doors herself but I will enjoy it while I can.
An Attitude Adjustment
I woke up this morning pretty much hating life. Adelaide woke up at 3 this morning and never went back to sleep (she is still up right now and it is 9:00pm... that girl never sleeps) and I was just so exhausted. But at one point I decided to get over it and in the end I'm amazed to say today was a great day. Thankful that my attitude can often shape the outcome of my day.
I woke up this morning pretty much hating life. Adelaide woke up at 3 this morning and never went back to sleep (she is still up right now and it is 9:00pm... that girl never sleeps) and I was just so exhausted. But at one point I decided to get over it and in the end I'm amazed to say today was a great day. Thankful that my attitude can often shape the outcome of my day.
Forts
There is no way my kids would simply play under my kitchen table for over an hour but if I throw a sheet over it and call it a fort then they will play under there for hours. I was very grateful for this trick today while I caught up on some things.

No comments:
Post a Comment