Five things I'm grateful for today:
Reliable Recipes
As much as I love trying out new dishes, I also really love having a few tried and true recipes to lean on when I'm not feeling so adventurous. This Eggplant and Zucchini Lasagna has become a classic in our home although I often switch out the zucchini for whatever type of squash I receive in my CSA.
Easy Lunches
For days that we don't have leftovers I've been trying to figure out an easy lunch that Rick can take to work. I like the idea I've seen floating around on pinterest of putting salads in mason jars. I tried it out today using arugula, black beans, quinoa, bell peppers and red onion but in the future I think I will add more variety. Rick loved it and I think I'll start making these salads each week so that we can just quickly grab them when needed.
Scenic Runs
I went for a jog today and as always it made me feel whole again. I love the feeling I get after running... I always feel less crazy and stressed after a good jog. Grateful that I have the health to be able to enjoy my time running.
Wild Turkeys
I often see them when I go running in the nearby neighborhoods and their goofy little wattles remind me of Richard's fetish from the show Ally McBeal.
Eugene England
His personal essays are a source of inspiration to me and I find myself reflecting on his ideas often.


1 comment:
I read these every day, Ems! I love the little things you appreciate.
I've started pre-making salads, too (though I use tuppeware because I needed more lettuce space!). On Mondays while the kids eat lunch I cook up chicken and chop it up, and while it cools I chop up everything else. I love that when I finally get them down for naps I don't have to fix myself lunch! I love the brilliant ideas on Pinterest. :)
Post a Comment